RED TOP, TX
RED TOP, TEXAS. Red Top is on Farm Road 2652 eight miles north of Graham in east central Young County. The settlement was formed about 1901 and consisted of a church and school. The site was known locally as the burial place of Negro Brit, an Indian fighter killed in the area in 1871. County maps of the 1980s indicated a church and Red Top Cemetery just south of Briar Creek.
Carrie J. Crouch, Young County: History and Biography (Dallas: Dealey and Love, 1937; rev. ed., A History of Young County, Texas, Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "RED TOP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvr90), accessed July 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.