ST. PAUL, TEXAS (Falls County). St. Paul, six miles north of Marlin in Falls County, was named for the St. Paul Evangelical Reformed Church, which was established about 1900 by local farmers and ranchers of Czech and German descent. The school at St. Paul had one teacher and fifty-seven students in 1905; it was consolidated with the Marlin Independent School District in 1948. Several homes were in the St. Paul vicinity in the late 1940s, but only a church and cemetery marked the community on county highway maps in the 1980s.
Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.