SCHNEIDER, TEXAS. Schneider was in western Orange County on a spur of the Texarkana and Fort Smith Railway. The small village located there in 1918 was named for J. J. and H. J. Schneider, owners of the Schneider Brothers brick factory. The installations, later called the Beaumont Brick Works, were removed after the plant closed in 1929. Schneider no longer appears on county highway maps.