SCHRAEDER, TEXAS. Schraeder, in the Ward's Lake or River View area in northeastern Red River County, was named for Albert E. Schraeder, who secured a post office in his general store in 1912. The post office was closed at the end of the year. No population estimates were ever reported for Schraeder, and by 1984 it no longer existed as a named community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "SCHRAEDER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvs55), accessed July 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.