SORRELL CREEK, TX
SORRELL CREEK, TEXAS. Sorrell Creek, sixteen miles northwest of New Braunfels in northern Comal County, was established in 1857 by James Calhoun. For about twenty years the schoolhouse was located on the Franz Wersterfer place on Sorrell Creek. In 1903 it was moved to a more central location at a site on the Guadalupe River conveyed by Ludwig Pape. In 1952 the Sorrell Creek school was consolidated with the Fischer Store School District.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "SORRELL CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsam), accessed November 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.