SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)
SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS (San Saba County). Sulphur Springs is on the Colorado River three miles east of Bend in southeastern San Saba County. The town was promoted by Dr. R. B. Pumphrey and N. S. Rector in 1885 as a health resort. By 1949 it had become ranch property. Eventually it became a fishing camp, which was still in operation in 1986.
San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX (SAN SABA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvscw), accessed October 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.