SYCAMORE, TX (KINNEY COUNTY)
SYCAMORE, TEXAS (Kinney County). Sycamore was on Sycamore Creek and the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway eighteen miles west of Brackettville in far west Kinney County. The community was evidently established sometime during the westward extension of the GH&SA road through Kinney County in 1883. A Sycamore school, which served as the community center and church meetinghouse, was operated for a short while after 1910; seven students were taught by Roy McIntosh at the school in 1914. The community appears to have been abandoned by 1946.
Kinney County: 125 Years of Growth, 1852–1977 (Brackettville, Texas: Kinney County Historical Society, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "SYCAMORE, TX (KINNEY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvsdj), accessed September 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.