SEA, TEXAS. Sea was a post office community seven miles southwest of Crockett near the site of what is now Porter Springs in southwestern Houston County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1873 to 1876; in the mid-1870s the small community had a store and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s the community was no longer shown on highway maps, and no trace of it remained in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "SEA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvszj), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.