THARP, TEXAS. Tharp was on the Gulf Coast and Sante Fe Railroad near its turn to the northwest in Montgomery County. The community had a post office from 1888 to 1901. In 1896 the population was 250, and the town had four businesses. Residents of Tharp probably became part of Keenan when that town was established nearby in 1906.
Montgomery County Genealogical Society, Montgomery County History (Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Hunter, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rebecca L. Borjas, "THARP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt27), accessed September 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.