TREDWAY, TEXAS. Tredway was a farming community established in northwestern Borden County in the vicinity of present Mesquite on a southern arm of the Caprock escarpment in the early 1900s. A post office existed there from 1906 to 1911; Albert M. Tredway was the initial postmaster. Two stores were operating in 1940, when the community reported a population of ten. County highway maps from the 1980s, however, show no evidence of Tredway.
Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "TREDWAY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt56), accessed August 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.