TRUELOVES, TEXAS. Trueloves (or Truloves), a virtual ghost town, was a small community in northeastern Johnson County in an area known as the Center League. Lemuel B. Truelove and his brother Jonathan Richard, grandsons of Jonathan Bird (see FORT BIRD), settled at that location in 1870. Lemuel eventually acquired several thousand acres of land and interest in two gins and helped establish the banking firm of Cotter, Truelove, and Company. A school was built in the late 1800s on the Truelove property called Love Joy. In 1907 a new school was named Truelove.
Frances Dickson Abernathy, The Building of Johnson County and the Settlement of the Communities of the Eastern Portion of the County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Elam, "TRUELOVES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvt63), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.