VIEW, TX (COMAL COUNTY)
VIEW, TEXAS (Comal County). View, five miles northeast of New Braunfels in northeastern Comal County, was called Austin Hill when it was settled during the 1850s. The post office, established in 1892 and named View, was discontinued in 1904. The only community center in 1947 was the Watson School, named for J. D. Watson, who conveyed an acre of land for school purposes in 1888. This school has since been consolidated with others in the area to form the Goodwin School.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "VIEW, TX (COMAL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvv13), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.