On this day in 1875, the Frontier Echo, a newspaper that followed cattlemen as they advanced the ranching frontier of West Texas, was first issued in Jacksboro, with R. Chandler as publisher and H. H...(Read More)
WATSON, TX (COMANCHE COUNTY)
WATSON, TEXAS (Comanche County). Watson was six miles west of Comanche in southwestern Comanche County. The community developed on the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railway. In 1930 the town had a population of sixty-seven. After the 1930s the community declined quickly into a ghost town.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.