WHITE POINT, TX
WHITE POINT, TEXAS. White Point was a rural community in central Concho County, eight miles south of Paint Rock and three miles west of U.S. Highway 83 at a site on present Farm Road 765. It had a school at least as early as 1920, when the Longview and Oklahoma school districts joined to form the White Point Consolidated School District. In 1936 the settlement had a school, one church, and several scattered buildings. In 1940 the school, which encompassed grades one through ten, had four teachers and an average daily attendance of forty-five students. By 1955 the school had been consolidated with the Paint Rock school district. By 1963 the community had disappeared.
Hazie LeFevre, Concho County History: 1858–1958 (2 vols., Eden, Texas, 1959). Vernon Lee Rucker, A Proposed Reorganization of the Concho County, Texas, Public Schools (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "WHITE POINT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvwac), accessed July 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.