YORK CREEK, TX
YORK CREEK, TEXAS. York Creek, also known as York Creek Ridge, was located on a hill above the intersection of York Creek and Farm Road 20 thirteen miles northeast of Seguin in northeastern Guadalupe County. In its early years the town centered around a school built in 1854 by German immigrants. York Creek post office opened in 1886, and in 1890 the town had a grocery store, a general store, a cotton gin, and twenty-five inhabitants. Two gins were in operation by 1896. The post office closed in 1906. By the 1940s the school and businesses were gone, and York Creek had a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered dwellings. The church was still in existence in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "YORK CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvy06), accessed July 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.