ZACK, TEXAS. Zack, twelve miles northeast of Bryan in Brazos County, was started on March 29, 1904, when Zachariah R. Guess opened a Zack post office in his general store. In 1906 Guess sold his store to Cyrus Koontz, who owned the land on which the store stood. Koontz operated the store until 1932, when it was closed and boarded up. A few years later the building was dismantled. The population of the community was estimated at twenty-five from 1925 through 1950. Maps of 1948 indicate a school and widely dispersed rural dwellings on the site. The community did not appear on 1988 highway maps.
Glenna Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Richard Brown, "ZACK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvz01), accessed October 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.