VALLEY VIEW, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)
VALLEY VIEW, TEXAS (DeWitt County). Valley View is on Farm Road 766 near the Guadalupe River eight miles northwest of Cuero in north central DeWitt County. Valley View School, named for the view of the Guadalupe River valley, was organized in 1900 and operated until 1950. Church services and Sunday school were held in the school building until cars came into general use, and worshippers began traveling to Cuero. The 1965 county highway map indicates that the school building had become a community hall.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Craig H. Roell, "VALLEY VIEW, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hwv02), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.