INTERNATIONAL BIBLE COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL BIBLE COLLEGE. International Bible College, in San Antonio, was founded by Rev. Leonard W. Coote in 1942, when World War II temporarily halted his missionary efforts with the Japan Apostolic Mission. He had previously established a Bible training school for native workers in Ikoma, Japan, and wanted to build a similar Bible training center in the United States. The school, chartered as a nonprofit institution and dependent on private contributions for support, was situated on a ten-acre campus atop "Hallelujah Hill," overlooking San Antonio. In 1965 the campus included fourteen buildings; the library contained 3,000 volumes. By 1967 the campus included nineteen buildings; that number grew to twenty-seven by 1995. Curriculum offerings in 1967 were a 2½-year course leading to a Christian worker's certificate, a three-year ministerial diploma course, and two four-year Bible college courses-one leading to the bachelor of theology degree and the other to the bachelor of religious education degree. A nonsectarian school, the International Bible College was affiliated with the North American Association of Bible Colleges and Bible Institutes. Enrollment in 2001 was ninety-one full-time-equivalent students; faculty numbered twenty-one. David W. Cook served as president.
Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."INTERNATIONAL BIBLE COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbi06), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.