MILAM LIBERAL INSTITUTE
MILAM LIBERAL INSTITUTE. Milam Liberal Institute at Cameron, Milam County, was chartered on March 28, 1848, and is the first school known to have operated at Cameron. George B. Erath and George Green were on the board of trustees of the nondenominational school. The original brick building burned. How long the school operated is not known, but its second building was still in use as a business building and Odd Fellows hall in 1948.
Cameron Enterprise, May 23, 1946. William Franklin Ledlow, History of Protestant Education in Texas (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1926).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ida Jo Marshall, "MILAM LIBERAL INSTITUTE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbm24), accessed July 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.