MINERAL WELLS COLLEGE
MINERAL WELLS COLLEGE. Mineral Wells College, at Mineral Wells, was established in 1891 by John W. McCracken, who had been president of Bennett College at Springtown. Residents of Mineral Wells furnished two frame buildings and a smaller rock building near the site of later Mineral Wells High School. The school was apparently a standard four-year school. It was coeducational and had both boarding and day students. It closed in 1900, and the buildings were given to the public school system.
Donald W. Whisenhunt, The Encyclopedia of Texas Colleges and Universities (Austin: Eakin, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."MINERAL WELLS COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbm28), accessed July 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.