TEXAS FEMALE SEMINARY
TEXAS FEMALE SEMINARY. The Texas Female Seminary, organized in 1890 at Weatherford under the auspices of the Cumberland Presbyterian church, was directed by W. G. Templeton. After most of the Cumberland Presbyterian churches in Texas united with the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., the name was changed to Texas Fairmont Seminary at the request of the student body. When the Synod of the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A., concentrated its support on Trinity University, the seminary ceased operation about 1920.
William Franklin Ledlow, History of Protestant Education in Texas (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1926).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TEXAS FEMALE SEMINARY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbt11), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.