TEXAS SYNODICAL FEMALE COLLEGE
TEXAS SYNODICAL FEMALE COLLEGE. In 1891 the Synod of Texas of the Presbyterian Church, U.S., accepted some mortgaged property in Gainesville and started a college with the Reverend M. L. Frierson as president. The college was closed in 1893.
William Stuart Red, A History of the Presbyterian Church in Texas (Austin: Steck, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Louise Kelly, "TEXAS SYNODICAL FEMALE COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbt23), accessed October 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.