WESTMINSTER INSTITUTE. In the early 1900s the Collin County Baptist Association bought the former Westminster College property in the Collin County community of Westminster and financed the construction of a new fifty-room building. The new school, completed in 1907 at a cost of $75,000, was first called Westminster Institute and later Westminster Baptist Academy. It offered instruction from primary grades through high school and designed its courses to meet the entrance requirements of Baylor University. Tuition ranged from one to four dollars a month, and room and board cost nine dollars a month. The school's last year of operation was 1915.
Dallas Morning News, September 23, 1939. Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975). J. Lee and Lillian J. Stambaugh, A History of Collin County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "WESTMINSTER INSTITUTE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbw22), accessed August 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.