CAMP RABB. Camp Rabb was at the crossing of the road from San Antonio to Eagle Pass and Elm Creek, in Bexar Territory, later northeastern Maverick County. It was established by James M. Norris on April 7, 1862, as a ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. Under commander Capt. Thomas Rabb, the camp guarded the road and the frontier until the consolidation of the regiment at Fort Belknap in March 1864.
William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William Curry Holden, "CAMP RABB," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc34), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.