PLAINVIEW FIELD. Plainview Field, in Hale County just outside Plainview, was the station of the Fourth Army Air Force Glider Training Detachment for preliminary glider training. Lt. William G. Dixon was in command from the field's establishment on June 1, 1942, until its redesignation as Third Liaison Training Detachment and its removal to Lamesa on April 14, 1943.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PLAINVIEW FIELD," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcp03), accessed June 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.