BERRY CREEK (BURLESON COUNTY)
BERRY CREEK (Burleson County). Berry Creek begins two miles east of Caldwell in central Burleson County (at 30°33' N, 96°37' W) and runs southeast for eleven miles to its mouth on Davidson Creek (at 30°26' N, 96°33' W). It crosses gently sloping to nearly level terrain surfaced by loam that supports post oak, blackjack oak, elm, hackberry, water oak, and pecan trees along the banks. Settlement in the area began during the early 1830s. New Tabor, one of the oldest and largest communities in the county, was established near the headwaters by Czech-Moravian and German immigrants about 1870. The stream is named for Burleson County pioneer Radford Berry, a resident of Fort Tenoxtitlán in 1832, who seems to have lived in the vicinity of the creek sometime thereafter.
Burleson County Historical Society, Astride the Old San Antonio Road: A History of Burleson County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BERRY CREEK (BURLESON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbbbc), accessed September 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.