BUSBY BRANCH. Busby Branch rises a mile northwest of Byler Point Church in southwestern Fayette County (at 29°54' N, 97°06' W) and runs south for about four miles to its mouth on Buckner's Creek (at 29°50' N, 97°05' W). The stream traverses terrain that varies from low and moderately rolling to flat and locally dissected. Native vegetation consists of hardwood and pine forests with some mesquite and grasses. The soils are shallow to deep sandy clays. The branch is named for James C. Busby, who served in the Plum Grove Rifles in 1861.
Leonie Rummel Weyand and Houston Wade, An Early History of Fayette County (La Grange, Texas: La Grange Journal, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BUSBY BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbbnv), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.