LENTZ BRANCH. Lentz Branch rises three miles southeast of Red Rock in southern Bastrop County (at 29°56' N, 97°24' W) and flows northward eight miles before reaching its mouth on Walnut Creek (at 30°01' N, 97°26' W). It travels through gently sloping to strongly sloping upland surfaced by clay loam that supports post oak woods and grasslands. The stream bears the name of brothers Tom, William, and Jacob Lentz. Jacob held the first patent to land crossed by the stream. Tom and William were killed by Indians on the creek bank in 1835.
D. L. Vest, Watterson Folk of Bastrop County (Waco: Texian Press, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."LENTZ BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbl38), accessed October 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.