MOORES' LANDING. Moores' Landing was on the William Crutcher and James B. Floyd surveys on the banks of the Sulphur Fork of the Red River in Bowie County two miles west of the Texas-Arkansas state line. It was named for the Moores family, early settlers in Bowie and Cass counties. During Moores' Landing's existence, the Sulphur Fork carried twenty feet of water and was navigable for at least fifty miles upstream. Moores' Landing lost its importance when the Texas and Pacific railway was completed between Jefferson and Texarkana in 1873. A post office operated from March to September 1874.
J. J. Scheffelin, Bowie County Basic Background Book (n.d.).