OAK CREEK RESERVOIR
OAK CREEK RESERVOIR. Oak Creek Reservoir is five miles southeast of Blackwell in northeastern Coke County (at 32°03' N, 100°16' W). Construction of the dam on Oak Creek began on July 10, 1950, and by September 1953 the lake had filled. In 1987 the reservoir had a capacity of 39,360 acre-feet. The water supplies the towns of Sweetwater, Blackwell, Bronte, and Robert Lee. The lake also serves as a recreational site.
C. L. Dowell, Dams and Reservoirs in Texas: History and Descriptive Information (Texas Water Commission Bulletin 6408 [Austin, 1964]).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."OAK CREEK RESERVOIR," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/roo01), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.