FORT SULLIVAN. Fort Sullivan, near Port Sullivan in Milam County, was established by Augustus W. Sullivan in 1835 as a trading post at the intersection of the Houston-Waco and the Austin-East Texas roads. In 1936 the Texas Centennial Commission placed a marker at the site.
Harold Schoen, comp., Monuments Erected by the State of Texas to Commemorate the Centenary of Texas Independence (Austin: Commission of Control for Texas Centennial Celebrations, 1938).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."FORT SULLIVAN," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/uef17), accessed September 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.