Citizenship TEKS for 4th Grade
Our content is organized by Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) curriculum standards. If you have a helpful resource, event, award, or program that you would like to share with the world please consider submitting it to our site. Submit Resource »
4.14 The student understands important customs, symbols, and celebrations of Texas.
- 4.14A Explain the meaning of various patriotic symbols and landmarks of Texas, including the six flags that flew over Texas, the Alamo, and the San Jacinto Monument. 46 resource(s) found
- 4.14B Sing or recite "Texas, Our Texas." 54 resource(s) found
- 4.14C Recite and explain the meaning of the Pledge to the Texas Flag. 0 resource(s) found
- 4.14D Describe the origins and significance of state celebrations such as Texas Independence Day and Juneteenth. 0 resource(s) found
4.15 The student understands the importance of active individual participation in the democratic process.
- 4.15A Identify important individuals who have participated voluntarily in civic affairs at state and local levels such as Adina de Zavala and Clara Driscoll. 19 resource(s) found
- 4.15B Explain how individuals can participate voluntarily in civic affairs at state and local levels through activities such as respectfully holding public officials to their word, writing letters, and participating in historic preservation and service projects. 19 resource(s) found
- 4.15C Explain the duty of the individual in state and local elections such as being informed and voting. 18 resource(s) found
- 4.15D Identify the importance of historical figures and important individuals who modeled active participation in the democratic process such as Sam Houston, Barbara Jordan, Lorenzo de Zavala, Ann Richards, Henry B. González, Wallace Jefferson, and other local individuals. 0 resource(s) found
- 4.15E Explain how to contact elected and appointed leaders in state and local governments. 0 resource(s) found
4.16 The student understands the importance of effective leadership in a constitutional republic.
- 4.16A Identify leaders in state, local, and national governments, including the governor, local members of the Texas Legislature, the local mayor, U.S. senators, local U.S. representatives, and Texans who have been president of the United States. 44 resource(s) found
- 4.16B Identify leadership qualities of state and local leaders, past and present. 8 resource(s) found