Geography TEKS for 7th Grade
Our content is organized by Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) curriculum standards. If you have a helpful resource, event, award, or program that you would like to share with the world please consider submitting it to our site. Submit Resource »
7.8 The student understands the location and characteristics of places and regions of Texas.
- 7.8A Locate and compare the Mountains and Basins, Great Plains, North Central Plains, and Coastal Plains regions. 63 resource(s) found
- 7.8B Locate and compare places of importance in Texas in terms of physical and human characteristics such as major cities, waterways, natural and historic landmarks, political and cultural regions, and local points of interest. 84 resource(s) found
- 7.8C Analyze the effects of physical and human factors such as climate, weather, landforms, irrigation, transportation, and communication on major events in Texas. 2 resource(s) found
7.9 The student understands the effects of the interaction between humans and the environment in Texas.
- 7.9A Identify ways in which Texans have adapted to and modified the environment and explain the positive and negative consequences of the modifications. 350 resource(s) found
- 7.9B Explain ways in which geographic factors such as the Galveston Hurricane of 1900, the Dust Bowl, limited water resources, and alternative energy sources have affected the political, economic, and social development of Texas. 72 resource(s) found
7.10 The student understands the characteristics, distribution, and migration of population in Texas in the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
- 7.10A Identify why immigrant groups came to Texas and where they settled. 113 resource(s) found
- 7.10B Describe how immigration and migration to Texas have influenced Texas. 73 resource(s) found
- 7.10C Describe the structure of the population of Texas using demographic concepts such as growth rate and age distribution. 10 resource(s) found
- 7.10D Analyze the effects of the changing population distribution and growth in Texas and the additional need for education, health care, and transportation. 10 resource(s) found