Social Studies Skills TEKS for 7th Grade
Our content is organized by Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) curriculum standards. If you have a helpful resource, event, award, or program that you would like to share with the world please consider submitting it to our site. Submit Resource »
7.20 The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including technology.
- 7.20A Differentiate between, locate, and use valid primary and secondary sources such as media and news services, biographies, interviews, and artifacts to acquire information about Texas. 50 resource(s) found
- 7.20B Analyze information by applying absolute and relative chronology through sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions. 35 resource(s) found
- 7.20C Organize and interpret information from outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps. 44 resource(s) found
- 7.20D Identify bias and points of view from the historical context surrounding an event that influenced the participants. 22 resource(s) found
- 7.20E Support a point of view on a social studies issue or event. 24 resource(s) found
- 7.20F Evaluate the validity of a source based on corroboration with other sources and information about the author. 0 resource(s) found
7.21 The student uses geographic tools to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- 7.21A Create and interpret thematic maps, graphs, and charts representing various aspects of Texas during the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries. 756 resource(s) found
- 7.21B Analyze and interpret geographic distributions and patterns in Texas during the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries. 449 resource(s) found